Professional Grade Jessner Peel
This is a professional grade, CERTIFIED Jessners peel pH 2.0. When you are dealing with cystic and heavy acne, a medium depth combination peel can be your solution. The combination of Salicylic, Lactic and Resorcinol create a powerful reaction in the skin to help clear out pores and create a medium skin sloughing. You will have about 3-4 days downtime.
Jessners peel is a perfect choice for you to begin treating:
- Congested skin with open and closed comedones.
- Whiteheads and blackheads.
- Back Acne
- Chest Acne
- Acne Scars
- Cystic Acne (large, painful, blemishes without a point)
**Always prepare darker skin with a melanin inhibitor for a minimum of 2 weeks, preferably up to 6 weeks before your first peel. Continue reading below for more in depth information, videos, usage and ingredients.
This peel is a strong medium strength peel (such as TCA 20%)which is another alternative acid to deal with more aggressive acne issues. It will cause frosting almost immediately upon application and will provide you with much peeling. You will most likely want to plan your schedule around this peel, since there will be down time for about 3-4 days.
Jessners chemical peel is commonly applied in multiple layers in a professional setting. *Due to the fact that Jessners is a stronger peel, Platinum Skin Care does not recommend applying more than 1 layer the first time the acid is used. Work up slowly, and never apply more than 4 layers.*If you have melasma, are heavily pigmented, darker skinned or have a tan, we suggest you first treat the pigment with a bleaching/fading gel for at least 4-6 weeks prior to peel usage to avoid hyper or hypo-pigmentation.
How do I apply A Jessners Peel?
You must prepare your skin for any peel - especially a medium depth peel such as a Jessners. Please follow the link below to read all about peeling and the different acids.
After you have prepared your skin for 2 weeks, we suggest the following application process:
- Wash face with acidic cleanser.
- Dry and apply 1-2 layers of Peel Prep Solution B. This will aid in numbing the skin slightly for a more comfortable peel.
- Air Dry.
- Apply peel for suggested time frame on direction sheet.
- Rinse well after 4-5 hours.
*If you have melasma, are heavily pigmented, darker skinned or have a tan, we suggest you first treat the pigment with a bleaching/fading gel prior to peel usage.
What can I expect after the Jessner Peel? Before and After
Your skin will feel as though you have a sunburn. It may be pink-red and feel tight. Use a gentle cleanser 1-2x per day (do not scrub your skin), pat dry and apply a moisturizing ointment. (Emu +CP is a wonderful combination for healing and regeneration). DO NOT EVER tug on ANY skin that is peeling from your face (even if it is just hanging there). You can cause excessive damage resulting in severe scarring if you tear off a piece that is still attached at the end. *Most people will start to flake between days 2-4 and will finish in 6-7 days.
- 1st day - Pink/red depending on how many layers of solution applied. Slightly tight.
- 2nd day - Red/brownish coloring, a bit tighter feeling.
- 3rd day - Dry, leathery appearance. A bit of cracking/peeling around most active areas of face (mouth, chin, nose).
- 4th + day - Darker brown where skin has not peeled. Pink areas where skin has peeled. Very uneven texture (make up will not be able to cover).
Jessners Solution SD Alcohol, Salicylic Acid (14%), Lactic Acid (14%), Resorcinol (14%). (1/4oz., 1/2oz, 1oz., 2oz. options). pH 2.0
Prep Solution B SD Alcohol 90%, Phenol 1%, Water. (2oz.)
Jessner Peel instructions are right below.