This is a wonderful peel for those dealing with aging and pigmented skin. Lactic Acid will exfoliate the outer surface of the skin and encourage new cell turnover. It is a natural humectant, pulling moisture from the collagen levels to the surface of skin. It is an excellent acid choice for dry and sundamaged skin. This treatment is relatively non-irritating with very little, if any, down time. Our Lactic acid peel has been enhanced with a "skin lightening" and " anti-aging" coctail of herbal remedies.
Lactic is a mild acid and can be applied 1-2X per week to keep skin moist and exfoliated. *To determine sensitivity, perform a patch test (behind ear) and check in 24 hours for excessive irritation.
Read all precautions before beginning!
1. READ ALL PRECAUTIONS ON REVERSE SIDE
2. Thoroughly cleanse all areas that are to be treated with a deep cleanser. *The 10% Glycolic is ideal.
3. Gently wipe Peel Prep A onto all areas to be peeled.
4. Get a timer and set it for desired peel time. (see chart on reverse side).
5. Pour a small amount of peel solution into medicine cup.
6. Fold a guaze pad in half and dip into solution. Wipe any excess off on cup.
7. Apply peel in a HORIZONTAL motion across the entire face/neck.
8. Apply peel again, this time in a VERTICAL motion across the entire face/neck. *This is to ensure the best coverage possible. (The cheek, lip and nose areas are the most sensitive, so they should be done last to avoid excess irritation—Avoid eye and mucus membrane areas). *Your skin should not be dripping wet! Just wipe it on like you would any toner. *A stinging/itching sensation is normal when using the Glycolic Peel Solution. Watch for any redness and neutralize acid with a dab of water if necessary.
9. Apply Neutralizer. Rinse with cool water.
10. Pat skin dry and follow with a plain moisturizer, Hyaluronic 100 or Emu oil are excellent choices. (Now is not the time for any active ingredients a.k.a. glycolic, retinol etc..)
11. *Make sure that you use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. (Because this product may make your skin more sensitive to the sun, be certain you have adequate sunscreen protection while using this product and for a week afterwards). *per FDA
12. Repeat next week on the same "spa" day!
1. I think the solution I purchased was too strong for me. How can I lessen the %? You can lessen the percentage by mixing in either pure aloe gel or purified water (in a separate container) by following the formula 2/3 Peel solution 1/3 Aloe or Water.
2. I think the solution I purchased was too weak for me. What can I do? EXTENDING TIMES! If you have reached your maximum time, and you still feel you need more, don’t waste your solution. *You can apply the solution in layers to keep it active. Apply solution, wait 2 minutes and reapply again. This will drop the pH level back down so you can leave it on for longer! You may apply again if needed.
3. I do not see peeling, is it working? Just because you do not see any visible flaking does not mean the peel isn’t working. Most of the loosened skin comes off during your daily cleansings. If you skin “feels” smoother, it is working. Lactic is meant to moisturize more than flake.
4. How many peels will I get from my bottle? 2oz. = 45 peels, 4oz. = 91 peels (average 20 drops pr peel). ü If you have any medical questions as to whether you should be performing these peels...Consult your physician or dermatologist before you proceed!
Recommended Time Schedule
Treatment 1 1-3 minutes
Treatment 2 1-5 minutes*
*If you are an EXPERIENCED peel user you may extend the times, at your own risk, for a deeper peel.
*See directions in F.A.Q #2 to strengthen peel/ leave on for longer!
*It may take 2-3 days to notice the results of your peel. There may be more color on your sunspots for the first few days, until the new skin cells grow. You will get results! Be patient, and let your skin rejuvenate itself!
Do not apply Lactic Acid if you have an allergy to DAIRY products.
Check with your doctor before use if you are pregnant.
Never apply another transdermal product during a chemical peel (No Emu oil until after you have rinsed thoroughly!)
Never use a chemical peel if you have been/are-using accutane in the past 6 months.
Never apply a peel after another facial exfoliating product (scrubs of any type).
Stop using Retin-a at least 3 days before performing a peel.
Keep the Peel Solution at least a quarter of an inch away from the eyes and mucus membranes.
If severe skin irritation occurs, remove the product by rinsing with cool water and consult a physician.
Do not apply to irritated, sensitive skin or skin with open wounds or after extraction.
Do not expose your face to the sun for 24 hours before or after the application of the chemical Peel. Then use a minimum SPF 30 on a daily basis.
Do not apply the Peel to skin that has been waxed or shaved within 24 Hours.
Slight reddening of the skin may occur for a limited period of time especially with sensitive skin types.
I understand and acknowledge that I am under no obligation to follow any recommendations made by the seller. I understand the seller does not treat illnesses and any information received is intended to help me make an informed decision. I assume the risk of any adverse effects or consequences resulting from the use or misuse of any of the suggestions, preparations, or procedures. I hereby release, hold harmless, and discharge the seller and all of its officers, employees, agents and suppliers from all claims of damages, demands, or actions whatsoever in any manner arising from or growing out of my participation. *Misuse of this product can cause injury or burns! Always follow directions exactly! Do not extend peeling times past 15 minutes! Used as directed, our peels and products are safe and effective. By using this product you agree that Platinum Skin Care and www.platinumskincare.com or Platinum Skin Care Inc. assumes no responsibility for misuse of this product or for any consequences or injuries as a result of using any of our products. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN! Due to the pharmaceutical nature of these products, all sales are final. 1-586-598-6093