What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey, fill our a Quiz or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, birthday, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Your provided pictures and content for our customer reviews.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, fill out a quiz, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- Your birthdate is collected for the sole purpose of offering you something special on your birthday. You do not need to participate.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, quiz or other site feature.
- If you have placed an order with us you will be automatically added to our weekly email list to be alerted of any new products, sales, specials or other information. If you wish to be removed you may click the removal link at the bottom of your email from us and you will not be emailed again.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter on our website, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please click the link at the bottom of your email from us and you will be removed from that list. *You may be on more than one list, if you need direct help from us, please contact us at 1-800-917-3155 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you choose to respond to our product review requests, your provided pictures and content will be shown on our website and may also be shared onto one of our social media channels. Active channels are notated at the bottom of all pages.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Every page on our site is secured. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above. We do not have access to your credit card numbers after your purchase has gone through.
Any updates to your data will be done specifically by you [as you are in your personal account] or by us when you have requested a direct change [new address, contact number, etc].
Do we use "cookies"?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Chrome, or Firefox or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service at 1-800-917-3155
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include Platinum Skin Care Inc.. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please click the "remove" "unsubscribe" link in your most recent email. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
If you have never placed an order with us you may fully delete your information: To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Contact us if you need a more complete deletion.
If you have placed an order with us in the past: Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
The Right to Be Forgotten (RTBF) can only work, if the controller (Platinum Skin Care) of the data does not have any "legitimate interest" to keep that data. Storing data for tax purpose is a legitimate interest if you have placed an order.
We do NOT keep your information off-site. Nothing will be printed or stored anywhere other than in a protected computer program, or credit card processing company program, which meets GDPR restrictions.
In the event of a security breach you will be notified within 72 hours via the email we have on file with your account.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.