“Magical” Skin Products —Do they Work? Don’t Believe it!
Posted by Dana Ramos, author of the best-selling book: The Skin Regime; Boot Camp for Beautiful Skin. on Mar 02, 2016
“Magical” Skin Products —Do they Work?
Don’t Believe it!
Posted by Dana Ramos, author of the best-selling book: The Skin Regime; Boot Camp for Beautiful Skin.
I get really irked when I see real (or fake) doctors pushing skincare products with previously unheard-of “magic” or “secret” ingredients claiming miraculous and astounding results. They have expensive commercials using highly-altered before-and-after photos with suspicious “customer” reviews. These companies often pay a lot of money to feature celebrities in their advertisements to promote these so-called magical potions.
And what kind of results will you get? I promise you, it won’t be anything like their claims, if any result at all.
We get seriously ticked off at bogus products not just because they rip off our hard-earned money, but they also make us become cynical and lose faith that anything will ever work for our skin. We start believing that everyone is pushing phony products and we stop trusting anyone.
That’s sad, because those of us at Platinum Skin Care and its sister company, The Skin Regime, have worked hard to build trust and bring you the honest truth about skincare and to inform you about effective ingredients that are recommended by the medical community—ingredients and preparations that have stood the test of time. Even if there is a prescription product or laser treatments that we don’t offer, we let you know the truth and how to find and use those products and services.
And we don’t test our products on cute bunnies or other animals, either!
I wish I could give you a list of these fake-product companies, but I don’t want an army of lawyers hounding me. But I can give you a list of some Do and Don’t Believe’s which will help you know what’s what:
1. Don’t believe the hype. These hucksters, fakers, shams—and yes, I’m calling them what they are—are very persuasive and will make outrageous claims and promises with highly-altered before-and-after photos. How do they get away with it? Because by the time consumers start complaining and the regulatory agencies start investigating, they have packed up, taken the money and run off— until they show up under a new name with some other baloney product.
2. Don’t believe in any product that has come out of nowhere, with a doctor or anyone else claiming they have traveled far and wide and found an exotic plant or berry or fruit or other beauty “secrets” from another country. The “doctor” will say how excited they are to have made this “hidden” discovery and how they just HAD to bring it to YOU. But know this: There is no such thing as a previously unheard-of “magical” or “secret” or “new” ingredient. ALL real and effective products are well-known by dermatologists around the world.
3. Don’t believe that you have to spend lots of money on “better” products. In fact, the most outrageously-priced products—such as those with gold flakes or crushed pearls and diamonds—do absolutely nothing for your skin: There is no valid medical evidence that products with gems or other exotic materials or ingredients provide benefits to the skin (unless you are wearing them as jewelry!).
1. Do believe that there really ARE prescription and non-prescription products and treatments that really work and can give you tremendous skin improvement. You can believe in medical science and trust ingredients that have stood the test of time and are acknowledged by the entire dermatological field as being effective. (See below for examples of some of those ingredients).
2. Do believe in common sense when buying and using any products. For instance, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. And when you start using a product, follow directions exactly.
3. Do believe in companies like Platinum Skin Care (and The Skin Regime), which have brought you the truth for over 15 years with products that have stood the test of time and show you un-altered photos using real women (not highly-paid actresses with lots of makeup on).
I’m about to list some ingredients (and products with those ingredients) that are used by respected dermatologists around the world, are highly-researched, and from which you can expect honest, realistic results—but before I do, I want to give a shameless plug to a book I wrote with technical advice from one those respected dermatologists. The book goes more deeply into the issue of fake versus effective products and what they do for your skin, and how to know what to use for your specific skin issues. It’s called, The Skin Regime; Boot Camp for Beautiful Skin and you can read the first chapter FREE on TheSkinRegime.com website.
Some Ingredients You Can Really Believe in:
(Listing just a few well-known ingredients that are recognized by the medical community for many years. Explore many more great products and ingredients and what they can do for your skin here at Platinum Skin Care):
Glycolic, Lactic, Salicylic acids: Used for over three decades in dermatological products to help exfoliate and improve skin, found in preparations such as the Revitalizing Glycolic Cleanser, Acne Diamond Dermabrasion, and peels like The 1-4-All Peel.
Hyaluronic Acid: Extremely effective for moisturizing, found in the Hyaluronic Acid Pure Serum, or mixed with other products such as the Glycolic Hyaluronic Acid Serum.
Retinol: A derivative of Vitamin A, this is a more gentle and also highly-effective sister-ingredient to prescription tretinoins like Retin-A. Used for anti-aging, exfoliation, over-all skin improvement. Found in the Retinol Molecular Serums.
Vitamin C: Used to protect the skin from the sun’s damaging rays and overall tone and texture. Found in products like the High Octane Vitamin C Serum.
Where can I buy Dana's Book?
The Skin Regime; Boot Camp for Beautiful Skin, available as a Kindle download or Buy paperback to buy your paperback copy from Platinum Skin Care. You can also read the first chapter--FREE--by click here to read 1st chapter.
If you found this post helpful, we would LOVE it if you shared it with your friends socially!