Hi, Its Jennifer from Platinum Skin Care and I am here to help you figure out what your skin type is.
So, how can you figure out your skin type?
It’s super simple really. After you are done watching this video.
- Go wash your face with a cleanser designed for normal skin. ***NOT any old soap bar*** a liquid wash for your face.
- Rinse very well and pat dry - Don’t apply ANY products.
- Set your timer for 60 minutes.
- Read a book, or color in one of those great apps or books. Bake something healthy.
Just don’t exert yourself – we don’t want you sweating. ...
Now let’s evaluate your skin.
- Does it feel tight or is it flaky in some areas (like your cheeks)? If so, then you most likely have DRY skin.
- Does it feel fine or even a bit tight BUT you are oily along your T-Zone? That is across your forehead, down the nose and onto the chin. If so, then you have COMBINATION skin.
- Does your entire face feel like an oil slick? If so, then you have OILY skin. *Many times this goes hand in hand with acne skin – but not always.
- Does it feel itchy or irritated? A bit pink possibly? You most likely have sensitive skin.
Now, this will make it much easier to shop for your skin care products – and also makeup since many are geared towards skin types as well.
CLICK – SHOP BY SKIN TYPE and then select your type. Now, all the products on that page will be geared towards your skin.
Now, keep this in mind. Your skin will change throughout the year. ESPECIALLY in the summer and wintertime. So, make sure to repeat this test every 3 months or so. You will most likely need to make a few little changes with your regimen.
This is Jennifer. I will be back again soon to answer more of your questions.
Have a great day! Bye