- Bi-Phasic Directions
This unique peel consists of an application of Salicylic acid followed by an application of Glycolic acid. Research shows that glycolic acid will penetrate more effectively through an exfoliated surface. Applying a mild salicylic peel prior to a glycolic peel will help to achieve a superior facial peel.
Accelerate the removal of dead skin, increase collagen, and reduce the appearance of fine lines, sun damage, and hyper-pigmentation. Along with reducing the appearance of large pores and acne scarring, glycolic and salicylic will also help to clear up blackheads and oily/acne prone skin.
Series of six- eight treatments to be administered weekly or bi-weekly, will give the most beneficial results.
To exfoliate and flatten the stratum corneum, pre-treatment is truly important. For a minimum of two weeks, begin and end each day by washing with a pH acidic cleanser. If you have pigmented skin, or are a darker Fitzgerald skin type, apply a tyrosine inhibitor such as our Fade Bright serum, immediately after cleansing. Apply an anti-oxidant such as High Octane Vitamin C, and an SPF 30+ cream each day. In the evening apply Retinol (.10, .20 or .30), RetinA™ or a Glycolic Serum to gently prime the skin for the peel solution.
Glycolic/ Salicylic acid is a low-irritation acid and post care will be minimal. Keep your skin moisturized with a quality, healing product. We recommend Emu oil or a mixture of Emu oil and Pure Hyaluronic Acid. **Mixing 1 pump of Regenerate EGF (epidermal growth factor) into your healing product will boost your epidermal regeneration after the peel.
- Check with your doctor before use if you are pregnant. *Salicylic is in the aspirin family and should not be used.
- Never apply another transdermal product during a chemical peel (No Emu oil until neutralization is complete!)
- Never use a chemical peel if you have been/are-using accutane in the past 6 months.
- Never apply a peel after another facial exfoliating product (scrubs of any type).
- Stop using Retin-a at least 2 days before performing a peel.
- Keep the Peel Solution at least a quarter of an inch away from the eyes and mucus membranes.
- If severe skin irritation occurs, remove the product by rinsing with cool water and consult a physician.
- Do not apply to irritated, sensitive skin or skin with open wounds or after extraction.
- Do not expose your face to the sun for 24 hours before or after the application of the chemical Peel. Then use a minimum SPF 30 on a daily basis.
- Do not apply the Peel to skin that has been waxed or shaved within 24 Hours.
- Slight reddening of the skin may occur for a limited period of time especially with sensitive skin types.
USAGE: Glycolic peels 30% or 50% and Salicylic peels 3%, 15% and 25% may be applied bi-weekly to keep skin exfoliated and refreshed. The following guidelines are suggested.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
- Follow PRE-TREATMENT for 2 weeks for best results. Dark and pigmented types use FB serum.
- Apply your TEST patch at least 24 hours prior to peel to check for allergies or excessive irritation..
- Cleanse the skin with a deep cleanser.
- Apply layer of Prep A (or highest percentage alcohol) and let air dry.
- Pour a small amount of peel solution into medicine cup.
- Fold a gauze pad in half and dip into solution, saturating pad.
- Fold gauze in half again and give one GOOD squeeze to remove excess solution.
- Get a timer and set it for desired peel time. (see chart above).
- Apply SALICYLIC peel in a horizontal motion across the entire face/neck.
- Leave solution on for 30 seconds - 1 minute and then rinse and pat dry.
- Repeat application process with the GLYCOLIC peel.
- Leave solution on according to percentage and chart.
- A stinging/itching sensation is normal when using the Peel Solution, but a very mild sensation to no sensation at all is also acceptable as individual tolerances differ. Watch for any redness and neutralize acid with a dab of water if necessary.
- When time has ended apply Neutralizer and/or rinse with cool water.
- Pat skin dry and follow with a plain moisturizer, Hyaluronic 100 or Emu oil are excellent choices. (Now is not the time for any active ingredients a.k.a. glycolic, retinol etc..)
- Make sure that you use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. (Because this product may make your skin more sensitive to the sun, be certain you have adequate sunscreen protection while using this product and for a week afterwards). *per FDA
I think the solution I purchased was too strong for me. How can I lessen the %? You can lessen the Glycolic percentage by mixing in purified water (in a separate container) by following the formula 2/3 Peel solution 1/3 Aloe or Water. You can cut the percentage in 1/2 by mixing equal parts of peel to dilution product. With Salicylic you must use Alcohol to dilute. Questions? Call us (ph# below).
I do not see peeling, is it still working? Just because you do not see any visible flaking does not mean the peel isn’t working. The acid’s job is to dissolve the bond that holds the outermost layers of dead skin to the face. Most of the loosened skin comes off during your daily cleansings. If you skin “feels” smoother, it is working.
Approximately how many peels will I get from my bottle? 1oz. = 20 peels, 2oz. = 40 peels.
Can I use the Salicylic peel on its own? Yes, you can use the 3% as often as 1x per day as a spot treatment. Excessive dryness may occur.
If you have any medical questions as to whether you should be performing these peels...Consult your physician or dermatologist before you proceed!
Agreement: I understand and acknowledge that I am under no obligation to follow any recommendations made by the seller. I understand the seller does not treat illnesses and any information received is intended to help me make an informed decision. I assume the risk of any adverse effects or consequences resulting from the use or misuse of any of the suggestions, preparations, or procedures. I hereby release, hold harmless, and discharge the seller and all of its officers, employees, agents and suppliers from all claims of damages, demands, or actions whatsoever in any manner arising from or growing out of my participation. *Misuse of this product can cause injury or burns! Always follow directions exactly! Do not extend peeling times past 15 minutes! Used as directed, our peels and products are safe and effective. By using this product you agree that Platinum Skin Care and www.platinumskincare.com or Platinum Skin Care Inc. assumes no responsibility for misuse of this product or for any consequences or injuries as a result of using any of our products. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN! Due to the nature of these products, all sales are final. 1-586-598-6093 or 6094