Alpha & Beta Bi-Phasic Skin Peel
This unique peel consists of an application of Salicylic Acid followed by an application of Glycolic Acid. Research shows that Glycolic Acid will penetrate more effectively through an exfoliated surface. Applying Salicylic Acid Exfoliant prior to Glycolic Acid will achieve a superior facial peel.
For optimal results, peels should be applied once a week for six weeks, followed by monthly peels. Awlays begin with light peels and progress to medium and deep peels. To help compliment and maintain the results of the peels, use Maintenance products in conjunction with your peel routine.
How do I decide which % to utilize?
Percentages amongst acids are difficult to navigate. A low percentage of one type of acid may be stronger than a lesser percentage of another acid. To give an estimate of the strength of the Glycolics and Salicylics I will do a little table of strength below to help you with choosing which acid and % is right for you.
Weakest - strongest * You will see that Salicylics are more irritating.
1. 3% Salicylic (very light peel).
2. 30% Glycolic
3. 50% Glycolic & 15% Salicylic (very close strengths).
4. 25% Salicylic
I have Normal Skin, what should I choose?
- Step #1 - Salicylic 3% + Glycolic 30%.
- Step #2 - Salicylic 3% + Glycolic 50%.
I have Oily (or tougher) skin, what should I choose?
- Step #1 - 3% Salicylic + 50% Glycolic.
- Step #2 - 15% Salicylic + 30% Glycolic.
- Step #3 - 15% Salicylic + 50% Glycolic.
Glycolic - Glycolic Acid Ultrapure (tm) , Purified Water, High Purity Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, SD Alcohol 40B, Menthol Crystals, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Allantoin, Panthenol, Methylisothiazolinone. pH 2.1
Salicylic - SD Alcohol, 1,2 Propanediol, Salicylic acid USP, Benzyl Alcohol, Menthol. 2.1 pH
SALICYLIC ACID Salicylic Acid, a Beta-Hydroxy Acid, is a highly effective superficial peeling agent and pore cleanser.
- Salicylic Acid loosens and removes aging cells, oil and debris attached to the skin surface, stimulates new skin cell production and increased collagen formation, is oil-soluble and lipophilic, thus it is able to penetrate sebum filled follicles and clean out clogged pores, resulting in marked improvement in acne prone skin.
GLYCOLIC ACID Glycolic Acid, otherwise known as Alpha-Hydroxy Acid, or Fruit Acid, is water-soluble and is one of the most effective exfoliation agents known.
Glycolic Acid : penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin, increases the rate of skin cell production and shedding, stimulates new collagen formation.