About Jessner's Peel
Professional Grade Jessner's Peel
This is a professional grade, CERTIFIED Jessner's peel pH 2.0. When you are dealing with cystic and heavy acne, a medium depth combination peel can be your solution. The combination of Salicylic, Lactic and Resorcinol create a powerful reaction in the skin to help clear out pores and create a medium skin sloughing. You will have about 3-4 days downtime. Lactic and salicylic may sound familiar to you, but resorcinol could be a new one for you! It is primarily used for its lightening properties. It has a very similar chemical structure to hydroquinone. So, if you have an allergy, or need to stay away from HQ, then you should also avoid resorcinol to be safe.
What is a Jessner's peel good for? Its perfect choice for you to begin treating:
- Congested skin with open and closed comedones.
- Whiteheads and blackheads.
- Back Acne
- Chest Acne
- Acne Scars
- Cystic Acne (large, painful, blemishes without a point)
*Choose to add on our Luminosity Method for a multi-level Vitamin A Peel. Increase your peeling, treat acne and enhance your regeneration with an extra layer!
**Always prepare darker skin with a melanin inhibitor for a minimum of 2 weeks, preferably up to 6 weeks before your first peel to help prevent PIH* Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation. While Jessners is a safer option than TCA would be, prepping the skin is always preferred. Continue reading below for more in depth information on a jessner peel, videos on how to apply a chemical peel at home, usage and ingredients.
This peel is a strong medium strength peel (such as TCA 13% at multiple layers or TCA 20%) which is another alternative acid to deal with more aggressive acne issues. It will cause frosting almost immediately upon application and will provide you with much peeling. You will most likely want to plan your schedule around this peel, since there will be social down time for about 3-5 days after your sloughing starts.
Booster of Dream Peel or Luminosity options:
You may apply Luminosity or Dream Peel to skin that still has Jessners on it, or you may apply to freshly rinsed skin. Once booster is applied, do not rinse for 6-8 hours to get the full benefits of the product.
- You may add a single application of Luminosity on day 1, and there again every day until the flaking starts. At that point, stop usage and put the rest away for your next peel.
- You may choose to use Dream Peel 1x on application day. Leave this on for 6-8 hours and then rinse off. Use only healing products after this such as the Emu oil or our Essentials Healing Blend. **Do NOT apply Luminosity after DP application.
Jessner's chemical peel is commonly applied in multiple layers in a professional setting. *Due to the fact that Jessner's is a stronger peel, Platinum Skin Care does not recommend applying more than 1 layer the first time the acid is used. Work up slowly, and never apply more than 5 layers without working your way up slowly and gauging how your skin reacts to the acid.
*If you have melasma, are heavily pigmented, darker skinned or have a tan, we suggest you first treat the pigment with a bleaching/fading gel for at least 4-6 weeks prior to peel usage to avoid hyper or hypo-pigmentation.
How do I apply A Jessner's Peel?
You must prepare your skin for any peel - especially a medium depth peel such as a Jessner's. Please follow the link below to read all about peeling and the different acids.
After you have prepared your skin for 2 weeks, we suggest the following application process:
- Wash face with acidic cleanser.
- Dry and apply 1-2 layers of Peel Prep Solution B. This will aid in numbing the skin slightly for a more comfortable peel.
- Air Dry.
- Apply peel for suggested time frame on direction sheet.
- Rinse well after 4-5 hours.
*If you have melasma, are heavily pigmented, darker skinned or have a tan, we suggest you first treat the pigment with a bleaching/fading gel prior to peel usage.
Alternate Advanced Jessners and TCA Application Method
Here is a super video from Vlogger Vincent Balducci. Follow along with him as he applies it.
What can I expect after the Jessner's Chemical Peel? Before and After
Your skin will feel as though you have a sunburn. It may be pink-red and feel tight. Use a gentle cleanser 1-2x per day (do not scrub your skin), pat dry and apply a moisturizing ointment. (Emu +CP is a wonderful combination for healing and regeneration). DO NOT EVER tug on ANY skin that is peeling from your face (even if it is just hanging there). You can cause excessive damage resulting in severe scarring if you tear off a piece that is still attached at the end. *Most people will start to flake between days 2-4 and will finish in 6-7 days.
- 1st day - Pink/red depending on how many layers of solution applied. Slightly tight.
- 2nd day - Red/brownish coloring, a bit tighter feeling.
- 3rd day - Dry, leathery appearance. A bit of cracking/peeling around most active areas of face (mouth, chin, nose).
- 4th + day - Darker brown where skin has not peeled. Pink areas where skin has peeled. Very uneven texture (make up will not be able to cover).
Jessner's Peel Ingredients
Jessner's Solution SD Alcohol, Salicylic Acid (14%), Lactic Acid (14%), Resorcinol (14%). (1/4oz., 1/2oz, 1oz., 2oz. options). pH 2.0
Prep Solution B SD Alcohol 90%, Phenol 1%, Water. (2oz.)
Learn how to do a jessner peel at home below.