Thou Shalt Not… do this to your skin
The Ten Commandments of Skincare
Follow these “commandments” and you will have much better and healthier skin! (And we can help you follow them with great recommendations, below).
1. Thou Shalt Not Damage Your Skin With the Sun. Always wear sunscreen because the sun is the single worst thing to age and damage your skin.
2. Thou Shalt Not Skip Cleansing Your Face (and teeth—morning and night). Skipping cleansing results in clogged pores and cavities.
3. Thou Shalt Not Wait to begin Anti-Aging. Waiting to battle the beginning of fine lines and wrinkles only makes it harder to control later on. See below for more on anti-aging.
4. Thou Shalt Not Forget to Exercise. Exercise brings healthy blood flow to the skin as well as countless other benefits for overall health.
5. Thou Shalt Not Pick at Thy Zits. Picking makes them worse, leaves scars and marks. To control acne so you aren’t tempted to pick, see below.
6. Thou Shalt Not Ignore Suspicious Moles or Spots. Skin cancer can be deadly, so if there is something questionable, best to check it out before it becomes harder to eliminate, or spreads. For non-harmful but unsightly age spots and scars, see below for advice.
7. Thou Shalt Not Share Makeup and Brushes. Especially for eye makeup, but this rule applies to all of your stuff—you spread bacteria by sharing. It’s also best to get rid of old, dirty makeup that has lost any anti-bacterial protection it might have had when it was first manufactured.
8. Thou Shalt Not Overdo Cosmetic Treatments. This includes overdoing at-home treatments like peel and exfoliating products which can weaken and damage the skin if it becomes over-irritated, as well as cosmetic procedures like Botox or surgery. You want to look better, not like a wax figure, so know when to stop.
9. Thou Shalt Not Skip Reading Directions. Many people give up on great treatments like at-home skin peels or Retinol products either because they didn’t read the instructions and didn’t get the result they were expecting, or because they think it didn’t work properly.
So many people have the mistaken notion that peels are a one time event. That could not be further from the truth, and when they don't get the results they "want" after one treatment, they can be disappointed. Now, directions will clearly state that peels are to be done in a series of 6-8. Big difference.
Retinoids can cause irritation - which directions will clearly show. So by skipping the directions, and just tossing your retinol into a drawer to never use again because you felt irritation, is a sad problem. Rather watch for irritation, then cut back and readjust so you can get the amazing results that are available with vitamin A.
10. Thou Shalt Not Waste Money on Useless Products. Wasting money is sinful and most of the heavily-advertised products from Big Cosmetic Companies are full of baloney or have weak ingredients. You’ll do much better with the reasonably-priced products at Platinum Skincare that contain pure ingredients in concentrations that really work.
Help following the Commandments:
1. Always use sunscreen, every day, even in cloudy weather. Try the Cotz sunscreens.
2. The Basics 3-in-1 Cleanser is great for normal skin; loaded with anti-oxidants and scrubbing crystals.
4. Even if you just walk every day, you are getting exercise—so get moving.
5. To control acne, there are many wonderful Acne Packages, or call for a FREE consultation.
6. Go to a dermatologist to check out suspicious spots or moles, but if you just need to fade acne scars or sun or age spots, try Fade Bright Lightening.
7. Wash brushes and sponges regularly with warm soapy water, and wash your hands before applying makeup.
8. If you are considering injectables or laser treatments, be sure to go to a respected cosmetic dermatologist. Avoid “Botox parties” or doctors who do not specialize in cosmetic procedures who offer treatments as a sort of side-line.
9. You can do more harm than good by not following directions; this is your face we are talking about, so take the time to read and understand the instructions.
10. Read The Skin Regime; Boot Camp for Beautiful Skin to learn more on why the Big Companies are rip-offs.
Where can I buy Dana's Book?
The Skin Regime; Boot Camp for Beautiful Skin, available as a Kindle download or Buy paperback to buy your paperback copy from Platinum Skin Care. You can also read the first chapter--FREE--by click here to read 1st chapter.