About Essential FX Bakuchiol
Essential FX w/1% Bakuchiol and Platinum
20th Anniversary Introduction
Aromatherapy - Holistic Treatment for aging skin
This intense anti-aging bakuchiol and essential oil blend was created with an aromatheraputic doctor to work better than other products. Our goal with this product was to give antioxidant, healing, Brightening, moisturizing and renewing benefits. You will find this blend to suit aging skin the best. It will increase your hydration naturally while stimulating the turnover of skin cells and collagen production. The addition of bakuchiol gives this product retinoid benefits - without the irritation.
As with all essential oils there are many uses to each oil's essence. See each ingredients' individual properties here:
- Rosehip Seed Oil - Hydration for soft skin. Aids in boosting collagen formation, reduces inflammation, protects against sun damages and reduces hyperpigmentation.
- Burti oil - Plant based alternative to retinoids. Rich antioxidant, essential fatty acids, natural vitamin A. Smooth, moisturize, support collagen and elastin production.
- Red Raspberry Seed Oil - Anti-inflammatory, soothes rosacea, eczema and psoriasis, rebalance skin's moisture levels, *excellent for chronically dry skin.
- Evening Primrose Oil - Reduce dryness. Extremely emollient. Soften and smooth the skin's overall texture. Reduce inflammation.
- Sea Buckthorn Oil - Omega 7 oil. use as a preventative for acne, dermatitis, dry skin, eczema, skin ulcers and stretch marks. Healing burns as well. You will find this also in our Essential Healing Blend.
- Pomegranate Seed Oil - Boosts collagen production, enhances elasticity, reduces the appearance of scarring. High vitamin C content. Anti inflammatory. Aids in reversing skin damages. Long lasting moisture. Non comedogenic.
- Rosemary Antioxidant Co2 extract - Derived from rosemary's leaves. Pure antioxidant* form. Antibacterial. Soothing for dermatitis, acne, eczema and psoriasis. Antibacterial. Good for sensitive skin.
- 999 Platinum - Helps to increase firmness. Aids in improving elasticity and hydration in the skin. Antimicrobial, antioxidant. Reduce inflammation.
What is an antioxidant?
Antioxidants protect the skin's cells from oxidation/free radical damages. Vitamin C is also a common ingredient for just this thing. These ingredients are "fixing" the damages before they spread further and create unnatural skin cells.
And our Star Player - Bakuchoil 1%
And... how do you pronounce that? Baaah - Koo - CHE -ol
What is bakuchiol?
Bakuchiol is found mainly in the seeds of the Indian plant Psoralea corylifolia (babchi) and has recently been shown to have a number of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It's the natural alternative to retinoids. So if you have sensitive skin, or are just sensitive to retinoids, but want all the wonderful benefits they offer - bakuchiol is for you. And even if you are using retinoids, you can add this into your regimen as well with no contraindications. Fear not!
Bakuchiol stems from ayurvedic medicine. So it has been around for a very long time. Recently it has sky-rocketed to the top of everyone's awareness. A recent study in the British Journal of Dermatology compared bakuchiol to retinol. 44 individuals used either a 0.5% bakuchiol or 0.5% retinol for 12 weeks. This was a double-blind study, so no participant or researcher knew which was which. At the end of the study, it was shown that bakuchiol and retinol both significantly decreased wrinkle surface area and hyperpigmentation, with no statistical difference between the two compounds.
WOW, and that was only at a 1/2 percent. We have double that in this formulation. That's the Platinum Way.
So, if you are looking for a 100% natural skin care solution for aging and dry skin - this is it.
Is there a smell?
Oh yes. There is no way to hide the scent of essential oils. You can create a blend to smell good or you can create a blend that works! We have chosen the latter. Does this smell bad though? Absolutely not. It has a very "earthy" deep scent to it. You know you are applying pure oils to your skin when you use this. And only a few drops are necessary. So mix this in with your other serums and creams or apply alone. Your choice. We do find that the scent wears away after a few hours... and you do become "used" to it after awhile of using it. Some will LOVE it and others ... not so much. Look at the ingredients and their properties and decide what is most important.
Do you wear this at night or during the day?
It does not matter. You can use this 1x or 2x per day. Apply it alone or with other products. There are no contraindications here.
If you have allergies to any of the ingredients listed - please do not choose this item. There are no secrets. Everything is listed for you to look through.
Rosehip Seed Oil* (Rose Rubiginosa), Buriti Oil* (Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil), Red Raspberry Seed Oil (Rusus Idaeus), Evening Primrose Oil* (Oenothera Biennis), Sea Buckthorn Oil* (Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Oil), Pomegranate Seed Oil* (Punica Granatum), Non-GMO Vitamin E, Bakuchiol, Rosemary Antioxidant* (Rosmarinus Officinalis CO2 Extract), 999 Platinum. 1oz.
* Denotes Certified Organic Ingredient